Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2852 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 115  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2466
Disco Boy wrote:
don't forget to recite the lines, "Socialism is the future!", over and over and over and over again, just so you can convince yourself it's actually true, despite the FACT it's not.


Wait. You have FACTS from the future? So you've traveled back in time from the future to tell us what the facts will be concerning the future of Socialism? That's incredible!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3442
Location: Between the Badges
That's all smothered in a web of sinewy semantic variations! Of course, he's not actually from the future! But, he has been studying it for YEARS!

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4970
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Funny how Disco Boy has problems finding his facts, even in the present or the past, let alone the future.
(Remember: Thanks to Obama's socialist BS we are heading for recession in 3...2...1?)

As we can see, when I asked him to find a quote I believe he had wrongly attributed to me...
Disco Boy wrote:
The reason why I haven't posted your quote is simply because I can't find it or that you deleted it.


No wonder it has taken him YEARS of research to come to the other conclusions he has reached.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7116
Location: exile
Disco Boy wrote:
Translation:
We know we'll NEVER win an argument with Disco Boy since we can't prove him wrong to save our lives. So instead, we'll live in denial and act like the people he supports are evil, despite the FACT they're not. And maybe someday we'll catch him making a grammatical error, so as to scratch at the surface a little, even though we're getting NOWHERE...

Caputh wrote:
Nobody needs to prove you're wrong anymore DB, you've done it to yourself repeatedly. The basic presumptions that lead you into error are exemplified (once again) above:
a) You think you know what others are thinking.
b) Which leads to your utter failure to understand what people have actually written - what I wrote was a question and you seem to think (once again) that you know what my motivation was for writing that question.
c) Your total inability to laugh about yourself.


So, in order to deter any future "translations", offhand, I can honestly say that I can think of nothing that you have ever managed to convince me of.
From
- your definition of inverted commas
- to your advice that I need English lessons
- to the claim that Great Britain does not belong in Europe
- to the belief that fascism=socialism´
- to the statement that Mussolini and Pinochet are examples of capitalism working well
- to the claim that Ron Paul had more than 10 million voters in the primaries
- to the boast that Ayn Rand had sold more books than anyone else
- to your views on gun control
- to your views on health care
- to your idea that the majority of countries in the EU are run by socialists
- to your interpretation of my beliefs to mean that I think or ever said that "socialism is the future"
- to your view that child labour in the 19th century was a jolly good thing
- to your worshipping of Ron Paul,

I can, with my hand on my heart, state that you have totally failed to provide coherent arguments, IMO. Thus, (and I may be alone here, who knows?) I can only reiterate that my impression is that you utterly failed to "win" any of your "arguments", as you choose to put it.

The only thing I agree with you on, is that Roger Waters is not as talented as he thinks he is - and I believed that before you said it.
Edited to take an 's' off 'lead'.
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Well put Caputh.
However, to DB's point of "We know we'll NEVER win an argument with Disco Boy". Of course we won't! Neither will he. Winning an argument is only done through capitulation. I don't recall DB ever saying, or anyone saying to DB: "You were right". Maybe it happened, feel free to check. You are much better at checking that stuff than I am.
Sometimes, DB is just stating the obvious. But, since he does it in such a snotty way, it is easy to assume that he is saying something convoluted.
well said, caputh and arkay both.

Disco Boy wrote:
Fucking hell, you guys are hilarious...
and, you keep making a fool of yourself.
(but, then again, that's what you are; a fool)

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3699
Location: Vancouver, BC
MORE ad hominems thrown at me, yet NO ONE here can provide compelling evidence to the contrary to disprove my points (apart from a few select grammatical errors). Big. Fucking. Surprise.

Yep, just another day here on the (socialist denial) Z forum.

Oh...and remember, most of Frank Zappa's beliefs were Libertarian-based... :wink:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4970
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:
MORE ad hominems thrown at me, yet NO ONE here can provide compelling evidence to the contrary to disprove my points (apart from a few select grammatical errors). Big. Fucking. Surprise.

Yep, just another day here on the (socialist denial) Z forum.

Oh...and remember, most of Frank Zappa's beliefs were Libertarian-based... :wink:


I was slightly at a loss as to what your "points" were since I posted about Rick Santorum earlier in thread, so I've tried to reconstruct them. As the answers to your "points" seem to be important to you, I've attempted to provide my own view.

Your first "point" was:
Disco Boy wrote:
Rick Santorum is a moron.


I actually agreed with this isolated statement and then posed a question as to why Ron and Rand Paul would want to associate themselves with a party containing morons.
This was not intended as a rhetorical question; I was genuinely interested in hearing various arguments.
Gray_Ghost answered the question with one word :"money".
You took this to mean that both Gray_Ghost and myself were describing Ron Paul as "wicked".
In this context, I was certainly not intending to state that. As to Gray_Ghost's one word answer one could, I suppose, take it to mean that Ron and Rand are corrupt. An equally plausible explanation, in my view, is that they need the financial backing of the Republican Party to mount an efficient campaign. I'm sure there are a number of other alternative explanations.
Thus, as I believe that you completely mistook both Gray_Ghost's and my intended statement(s), I do not find you are making a very good "point".

You then went on to deny that I had accurately depicted your "points". Unfortunately, you did not provide specific examples of where I had misrepresented your position(s). With the possible exception of the ironic use of the word "worship" in connection with Ron Paul and the perhaps somewhat loose summary of your view on child labor in the 19th Century, these are what I understand your positions to be. If they are at variance with what you have stated, then please, feel free to correct the record. Up until now, I do not feel that you have made your "points" here coherently enough, as I, for one, appear to have misunderstood them.

You then called me a "liar", "a cunt", a "socialist", in need of psychiatric help and a "pseudo-intellectual".
I can only say that I disagree with these "points", but I suppose you are entitled to your opinion.

You also made the "point" that many don't know how to answer your "points", so they therefore indulge in "ad hominems". In the context of your previous "point", I think the explanation for these "ad hominems" is fairly evident. All the same, I try to refrain from them myself.

I'm sorry that you find my prose style "sinewy". I would argue that this is a value judgement and a matter where tastes differ. I would disagree that it is deceptive; rather, in my view, you tend to read into it what you would like me to say and then argue a "point" that has very little connection to the original "point" being made (see above).

As to your "point" that you wish to "punch me in the face", I can only say that I entertain no violent thoughts towards you at all and am sorry that you do towards me. In this context, I must say that I find it hard to believe your "point" that you find the responses to your posts to be "fucking hilarious". The image of someone punching somebody else because they fail to agree with his or her points and then laughing is not a pleasant one and is, I feel, somewhat out of place.

Unfortunately, I am not Frank Zappa. In fact, I believe he passed away a number of years ago, so I am unable to say whether he would approve of the way you make your "points" or, indeed, that he shared your views on e.g. Mussolini, Pinochet and child labour in the 19th Century.

As regards your "point" concerning the coming economic disaster, Nigel Farage ("who... predicted the Euro Crisis") is even more of a moron than Rick Santorum - ask anybody in GB who doesn't vote for the U(nited) K(ingdom) I(ndependence) P(arty). At least, according to one of the UK's most conservative newspapers....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-ago.html

What continues to puzzle me if, as you "point" out, so many here are socialist morons who hide from the "points" that you propagate - why do you bother to address us at all?

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2466
Disco Boy wrote:
NO ONE here can provide compelling evidence to the contrary to disprove my points.

Sorry about that. I wish I could help you. You possess proof/evidence of something that has not yet occurred. You brought it from the future, but it is out of context here in the present. I'm stuck here in the present. I can't find the wormhole. I assume you come here because you are suffering from debate-withdrawal. You desperately need a debate, eh? Probably best to go to another forum where you can meet your match. This place is no challenge for your futuristic visions. Isn't there a "debate" forum or something? Good luck!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3699
Location: Vancouver, BC
ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

MORE ad hominems thrown at me, yet NO ONE (especially Caputh and his perpetualized verbosity-riden-sinewy-smothered-pseudo-intellectual-diarrhoea-induced rants) here or in ANY thread regarding these or possibly any other topics, can provide compelling evidence to the contrary to disprove my points (apart from a few select grammatical errors). Big. Fucking. Surprise.

Yep, just another day here on the (socialist denial) Z forum.

Oh...and remember, most of Frank Zappa's beliefs were Libertarian-based... :wink:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4970
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Nobody knows what your "points" are or, indeed, seems to care anymore.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 2064
No one proved anything. The information was gleaned by the individual from various sources, sorted out for compatibility, and spewed here as "facts". No one has any way of knowing if they are correct, they only know what information makes them comfortable.

All information is suspect. A point of view cannot be "proven". The information goes in here, spins round and round, and comes out here as a "opinion" no one really cares about. We could have done something worthwhile, or...does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Ron Paul is over. Rand Paul is your next pResident.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4970
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
A rope leash wrote:
A point of view cannot be "proven".

Exactly!

And as I say, have difficulty in even discerning what Disco Boy's point of view is over the last few pages apart from the fact that he hates me and thinks everyone else who posted so far is a stupid socialist.

But I like wasting time, particularly if it amuses me.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5857
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
It is proven that Ron Paul had a racist newsletter and his top campaign advisor is directly linked to the implementation of the NSA's data collection system. It's also proven that Ron Paul accepts campaign donations from Klan leaders and that he has voted in favor of pro-war bills.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3442
Location: Between the Badges
I'm wondering if DB is running for office. He's acting as though everyone keeps a slate of his positions or points or whatever on hand at all times. I'm half-expecting to see his signature just turn into a Top 10 List of Things You Really Ought to Have Memorized About Me. After all these YEARS though, the list might be too long, in which case alot of people are gonna forget some, maybe even the most important ones. I don't know how I'm going to keep up!

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4970
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
He's acting as though everyone keeps a slate of his positions or points or whatever on hand at all times.


I do. :wink: :o :smurf: :twisted:

And even I'm lost at the moment.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3442
Location: Between the Badges
But, he denies their validity, so what are his points from his point of view? No one knows, but he seems to really want to let us know that he is sure about whatever they are! Oh, and that we can't show that those whatever-they-ares, aren't valid points or whatever!

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4970
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Exactly!

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2466
"The mark of a basic shithead is that he has to be right.... This RIGHT virus has been around a long time, and perhaps it's most devoted ally has been the Christian Church: from the inquisition to the Conquistadors, from the American Indian wars to Hiroshima, they are RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT"
- William S Burroughs, The Adding Machine


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7116
Location: exile
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
But, he denies their validity, so what are his points from his point of view? No one knows, but he seems to really want to let us know that he is sure about whatever they are! Oh, and that we can't show that those whatever-they-ares, aren't valid points or whatever!
Caputh wrote:
Exactly!
downer mydnyte wrote:
"The mark of a basic shithead is that he has to be right.... This RIGHT virus has been around a long time, and perhaps it's most devoted ally has been the Christian Church: from the inquisition to the Conquistadors, from the American Indian wars to Hiroshima, they are RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT"
- William S Burroughs, The Adding Machine
disco boy sure is your basic shithead.

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3699
Location: Vancouver, BC
SON. OF. ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

MORE ad hominems thrown at me, yet NO ONE (especially Caputh and his perpetualized verbosity-riden-sinewy-smothered-pseudo-intellectual-diarrhoea-induced rants) here or in ANY thread regarding these or possibly any other topics, can provide compelling evidence to the contrary to disprove my points (apart from a few select grammatical errors). Big. Fucking. Surprise.

Yep, just another day here on the (socialist denial) Z forum.

Oh...and remember, most of Frank Zappa's beliefs were Libertarian-based... :wink:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7116
Location: exile
Disco Boy wrote:
SON. OF. ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:
MORE ad hominems thrown at me, yet NO ONE (especially Caputh and his perpetualized verbosity-riden-sinewy-smothered-pseudo-intellectual-diarrhoea-induced rants) here or in ANY thread regarding these or possibly any other topics, can provide compelling evidence to the contrary to disprove my points (apart from a few select grammatical errors). Big. Fucking. Surprise.
Yep, just another day here on the (socialist denial) Z forum.
Oh...and remember, most of Frank Zappa's beliefs were Libertarian-based... :wink:
translation: I don't know what to say anymore, so I am just going to repeat my stupid disprove my points post, and I will continue accusing everyone who doesn't agree with me of being socialists.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Image

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5857
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
DiscJoe McCarthyboy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4970
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:


Ah, now I get it!
Ah, now I get it!
Ah, now I get it!
Ah, now I get it!

BTW.- it's "ridden", not "riden" :P

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2466
Disco Boy wrote:
No one, I think, is in my tree. I mean, it must be high or low. That is you can't, you know, tune in but it's alright. That is I think it's not too bad.


Totally, dude.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: re: l.ron paul rmf
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9605
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3699
Location: Vancouver, BC
RETURN. OF. THE. SON. OF. ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

MORE ad hominems thrown at me, yet NO ONE (especially Caputh and his perpetualized verbosity-riden-sinewy-smothered-pseudo-intellectual-diarrhoea-induced rants) here or in ANY thread regarding these or possibly any other topics, can provide compelling evidence to the contrary to disprove my points (apart from a few select grammatical errors). Big. Fucking. Surprise.

Yep, just another day here on the (socialist denial) Z forum.

Oh...and remember, most of Frank Zappa's beliefs were Libertarian-based... :wink:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2852 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 115  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group