Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: LEGALIZED CANNABIS
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:51 am 

Tuesday is the day Americans can begin to overturn the unjust war on people who use cannabis.

To all of you in Washington, Oregon and Colorado:

GET UP OFF YOUR ASSES AND VOTE "YES" ON THESE BILLS. :idea:

Post subject: Re: LEGALIZED CANNABIS
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:08 am 

bugler wrote:
Tuesday is the day Americans can begin to overturn the unjust war on people who use cannabis.

To all of you in Washington, Oregon and Colorado:

GET UP OFF YOUR ASSES AND VOTE "YES" ON THESE BILLS. :idea:

http://www.zappa.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23905

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:22 am 

Oh no!

Even though this thread seems to be very old, the subject unfortunately ain't. I would like to encourage you to not do any harm to your brain.
Someone's going to profit from people's needs to cloudy brain-conditions and one should be rather sceptical towards any profiteers of legal or illegal substances.
Take it from the chancellor of hearts from Germany: Anything seemingly stimulating the central nervous system is of good use to those who want you to think and behave in certain ways.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:26 am 

Happy 4/20 one and all! Legalize it! :D 8)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:09 pm 

I've always been for legalization, however I'd now like to qualify that. With legalization comes more responsibility for users IMO. Unfortunately, most users don't see it that way. Stoners seem to have an NRA type stance about their rights. They don't want any restrictions placed on them. I already see it with the medicinal marijuana crowd. It's easier now to keep people from smoking cigarettes around a playground than smoking pot. There needs to be some very clear and enforceable laws about where it's ok and not ok to to break it out if it's going to be legal IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:23 pm 

KUIII wrote:
I've always been for legalization, however I'd now like to qualify that. With legalization comes more responsibility for users IMO. Unfortunately, most users don't see it that way. Stoners seem to have an NRA type stance about their rights. They don't want any restrictions placed on them. I already see it with the medicinal marijuana crowd. It's easier now to keep people from smoking cigarettes around a playground than smoking pot. There needs to be some very clear and enforceable laws about where it's ok and not ok to to break it out if it's going to be legal IMO.

I totally agree. Smoke is smoke and it bothers some folks. I'm also against any use by minors even though I started at 13. The stoners and anyone with a medical marijuana license can ruin a non-tokers day. If I'm at a place with people around I ask loudly if anyone would mind. If they do, I move...no problem that way. :idea: A little common sense can take you farther than thinking you have all the rights in the world, while your trampling all over other folks rights. Think, before you light up and space out! :wink: 8)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:07 pm 

We started at the same age. I was 13 as well, but I would want it restricted from minors too. They practically targeted us children of the '70's to smoke cigarettes. Much the same way they target today's youth with these energy drinks and 5 hour energy shots.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:43 pm 

Philostopher wrote:
We started at the same age. I was 13 as well, but I would want it restricted from minors too. They practically targeted us children of the '70's to smoke cigarettes. Much the same way they target today's youth with these energy drinks and 5 hour energy shots.

Exactly, the brain isn't even developed all the way at that age and these guys wanna sell the kids anything that'll make 'em money, all at the expense of a young mind. It's a terrible thing to waste ya know? When I go in the local liquor store I look to see where the ads are placed and I've asked them not to let the reps put up the displays. Almost all are at an 8yr. olds eye level when a rep puts them up. I stopped that and they now put them where the adults can only see them or high enough not to grab the imagination of a kid while he/she stands next to a parent in line. If they can put Jugs, Tits & Playboy outta sight from minors, they sure as hell can do it to the ads aimed at our kids. The greedy, sneaky bastards!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:55 pm 

For me decriminalization would be fine.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:37 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
For me decriminalization would be fine.

I can dig that man. If the laws surrounding this issue would follow common sense, I'd have no problem with legalization either. I don't want it legal without taxation and protection for minors. The tax would help fill a lot of gaps that have been taken away during those wild and crazy Clinton* years.

*just tryin' not to use Bush II as a scapegoat, when we all know it was Clinton and Obama that made the mess we're in**. :twisted:

**and if you believe that, I got a bridge to sell ya too! :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:52 am 

In NZ there is a booming industry in legal highs. The stuff is widely available to people over 18 years old, they have come up with all sorts of pills that provide the user with a speed or lsd or ecstacy type of a buzz. When the hospital emergency departments start reporting overdose cases, including kidney faliures, seizures and the occasional death, the government bans that particular pill, potion or powder, the drug manufacturer makes a minor chemical adjustment and the process begins all over again. A number of people are having some serious mental health problems from using the various types of synthetic marijuana on the market here. One in particular called kronic is fucking some kids up quite badly. I wonder how long it will be before our government realises that legalisation or decriminalisation of the real thing will earn them just as much money via taxation as the synthetic dope and save them money from the decrease in hospital visits. We have quite a booze culture in NZ, most weekends the hospitals are full of young people with booze related injuries through fighting, falling over or crashing their cars. There has been some changes to the opening hours of pubs clubs and bars, but the kids get around that by what is known as preloading, they buy discount booze at the supermarket, get drunk then go to the pubs, clubs and bars where they spend less, but still create havoc at closing time. We also have quite a bit of methamphetamine or P (pure) as its called here, which is mostly controlled by the motorcycle gangs as is a large chunk of the cannabis trade. There is a lot of crime committed to get the money to buy the P or the pot, if pot was legalised/decriminalised, there would be less crime and the less civilian - gang interaction, surely thats a win win situation....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:16 am 

looks like here and not widely reported, legalization has actually started to cause a price war with the traditional illegal trade. The legal stuff is much more expensive, so the notion that legalizing would stop the black market just ain't so. That said as of now, colorado is raking in big tax dollars. Now we are seeing kids getting hold of pot cookies and drinks parents don't hide and are injuring themselves .
Meth is still booming, as is heroin . Like i say just decriminalize and i can plant seeds, for now one just has to sit back and hope there isn't a major backlash.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:50 am 

BS, the street pot is more expensive than the MM club I go to. It's between 10-20 bucks an 1/8th difference. On the street they want $40-$50 bucks an 1/8th. At the club, it's $27.50 to $35 for the best/fresh stuff. They also have swag for cooking that's like the Mexican dirt weed we used to get. It goes for $10-$15 bucks a quarter.
The potency has gotten so much stronger that I don't bother with ounces anymore. An 1/8th will last me a couple a weeks anyway. There's still an illegal market in the counties that are dry. The only thing that's changed there is the price has gone down, not up. Go figure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:55 pm 

Perhaps where you are at; but not across the nation, 1/4 oz of stink bud 80 bucks, go with an oz 300, plus like I say you are on camera buying, and regulated to how much, I don't need that much organization in my life I don't want a 2 pound Hershey bar, i'm mad as hell and i don't want to take it any more, i think we're all fruitcakes, half baked, crusty on the out side, soft in the middle..........................................................................................

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:37 pm 

It makes me sleepy. I prefer a good beer ... or two.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:47 pm 

You must have some great local beers over there too, eh Fritz? 8)

BS, your on camera every time you gas up or buy a loaf of bread. It's very intrusive yet no one seems to give a damn whether their rights are being eroded or not. Revolution time baby!...or not. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:35 pm 

It's only been a few months. As long as your Federal Government gets out of the way and leaves these things at the state level and legalized prices are reduced, the black market will eventually diminish in a few years...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:13 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
You must have some great local beers over there too, eh Fritz? 8)

Fer sure. Legalize German beer now ! Seriously, fortunately I'm not attracted by cannabis. But okay, if people like it. Users shouldn't be criminalized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:50 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
On the street they want $40-$50 bucks an 1/8th.....
The potency has gotten so much stronger that I don't bother with ounces anymore. An 1/8th will last me a couple a weeks anyway. There's still an illegal market in the counties that are dry. The only thing that's changed there is the price has gone down, not up. Go figure.

You'd save about two hundred dollars (in the bay area) if you bought it by the oz.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:37 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
You'd save about two hundred dollars (in the bay area) if you bought it by the oz.

I could do the same over in Sac., but I don't want that much around. I smoke to much and eat and get fat and that ain't happening! Hell, an eighth last me a long time and I like going shopping for pot. It seems so surreal. Call me crazy, but it's fun too. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:36 pm 

Yeah. Best not to overdo it. Might be tempting with a big fat bag laying around the house..... and a kitchen full of food.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:41 pm 

If my big fat bag is laying around the house, she's probably eaten all the food in the kitchen :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:01 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
If my big fat bag is laying around the house, she's probably eaten all the food in the kitchen :mrgreen:

I hear you but can't see ya. Are you fiddling with your avatar again?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:09 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:

Blacked out for P & T :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:31 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:

Blacked out for P & T :cry:

Nice gesture mate. 8)