Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Favorite Movie Quotes
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:22 pm 

Splash <br><br>Stan the Tour Guide: "Welcome to the Statue of Liberty. The Statue was a gift from French citizens and has come to symbolize hope for naked women everywhere." <br><br>ALLAN: "What's your name?" <br><br>MADISON (not named as such yet): "It's kind of hard to say it in English." <br><br>ALLAN: "Well, then just say it in your language." <br><br>MADISON: "My name is [HIGH PITCHED SCREECHING]" <br><br>[TV screens implode.] <br><br>ALLAN: "So, how about those Mets?" <br><br><br>the Evil Dead trilogy: <br><br>"Groovy!" <br><br>"Not another peep. Time to go to sleep." <br><br>"This is my boomstick!" <br><br>"Shop smart. Shop S-Mart." <br><br><br>Goodfellas <br><br>(Tommy has just told a story that's cracked up the entire company of gangsters at a table) <br>Henry: (laughing hard) Really funny. Really funny. <br>Tommy: Whattya mean I'm funny? <br>Henry: You're just funny, y'know, the story. It's funny. You're a funny guy. <br>Tommy: Whattya mean? They way I talk? What? <br>Henry: It's just, y'know, it's just funny, you know the way you tell the story and everything ... <br>Tommy: Funny how? I mean, what's funny about it? <br>Anthony (Frank Adonis): (worried) Tommy, no, you got it all wrong ... <br>Tommy: Whoa, whoa Anthony! He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What'd you say? Funny how? What? <br>Henry: Just you know you're funny. <br>Tommy: You mean, let me understand this ... cuz I ... maybe its me, maybe I'm a little fucked up maybe. I'm funny how, I mean funny, like I'm a clown? I amuse you. I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny? <br>Henry: I don't know just ... you know how you tell the story. What? <br>Tommy: No, no I don't know. You said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. (yelling now) How the fuck am I funny? What the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny? <br>(Long suspenseful pause: is someone going to die?) <br>Henry (cracking up): Get the fuck outta here! <br>(everyone laughs, the tension is gone) <br>Tommy: Ya motherfucker, I almost had him! I almost had him! You stuttering prick here! Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning!! <br><br><br>Pulp Fiction <br><br>Marsellus: "You hear me talking, hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn site. I'm gonna get medieval on your ass." <br><br><br>Jules: "There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you." I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker 'fore you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin', it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. .45 here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin'. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." <br><br><br>Superman: The Movie <br><br>Superman: "It's OK, miss. I've got you." <br><br>Lois: "You've got me? Who's got you?"

http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/jasonsite/gsteele.html

http://www.lincolnconspiracy.com

Opal you hot little bitch!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:23 pm 

The Muppet Movie <br><br>Fozzie: "Where you headed?" <br><br>Gonzo: "I'm on my way to Bombay, India to become a movie star." <br><br>Fozzie: "You don't go to Bombay, India to become a movie star. You go where we're going, Hollywood.: <br><br>Gonzo: "Sure, if you want to do it the easy way." <br><br>Fozzie (under his breath): "We picked up a weirdo." <br><br><br>Kermit: It's a good thing frogs can hop, or I'd be gone with the Schwin. <br><br><br>El Sleezo Cafe Owner: That's toughest meanest thilfiest place that fell off of the face of the earth <br>Kermit: well why not complain to the owner? <br>El Sleezo Cafe Owner: I am the owner. <br><br>Kermit: This guy's lost. <br>Waiter: Maybe he sould try Hare Krishna. <br>Kermit: Good grief, it's a running gag. <br><br>Kermit: "Gee, a Studebaker." <br>Fozzie: "Yeah, my uncle left it to me." <br>Kermit: "Oh, is he dead?" <br>Fozzie: "No, he's hibernating." <br><br>(Kermit has just turned down Doc Hopper's offer to be the spokesfrog for his chain of French-fried frogs-legs restaurants.)<br><br>Fozzie: "Five hundred dollars? Would you consider a bear in a frog suit?"<br><br>Kermit: "Fozzie!"<br><br>Fozzie: "I'm sorry sir, I just lost my head."<br><br>(Kermit and Fozzie drive off)<br><br>Doc Hopper: "Wait a minute, Mr. Frog. Everything's negotiable."<br><br><br>The Great Muppet Caper <br><br>Fozzie: "We'll do better next time." <br>Mr. Tarkanian: "Next time? NEXT TIME (bangs fist on desk)? What makes you think there's even going to be a next time?" <br>Kermit: "Well if there isn't it's going to be a real short movie." <br><br>Truck Driver: What are you doing here? <br>Oscar the Grouch: A very brief cameo. <br>Truck Driver: Me too. <br><br>Pops: Hey, how're you guys fixin' to pay? <br>Kermit: What are our choices? <br>Pops: A: Credit card; B: Cash; C: Sneak out in the middle of the night. <br>Fozzie: We'll take C. <br>Pops: Very popular choice. <br><br><br>K: Gee it must be 50 below in here. <br>F: You're lucky, you have fur. <br>K: No, no you're the one with the fur. Turn on your light and see for yourself. <br>F: Oh yeah. I keep mixing us up. Kermit can you see if you can reach the hostess call button. I'm hungry. <br>K: Uh Fozzie, they don't serve food in ninth class. <br>F: What? Twelve dollars and we don't even get a meal. <br>G: Can you guys keep it down? I'm trying to watch the movie. <br>(Crew guy comes in) <br>K: Hey, somebody's coming. <br>F: Hey, maybe he's bringing hamburgers. <br>C: All out for England. <br>K: Oh great, the plane is landing. <br>C: The plane? Nah, the plane lands in Italy. YOU land in England! <br><br>British Gentleman: For once, the forecast was right. It is raining cats and dogs. <br>Kermit: No, no. We're bears and frogs. <br>Gonzo: And Gonzos. <br>British Gentleman: Well, whoever you are, whatever you are, welcome to Great Britain. <br>Kermit: Great Britain. We're actually in Great Britain. <br>Fozzie: Oh no we'll never make it to England now. <br>British Gentleman: You are in England, my furry friend. This scepter isle. This jewel of the North Atlantic. <br>Kermit: We were wondering if you could recommend a nice hotel. Actually, a cheap hotel. <br>British Gentleman: How cheap? <br>Fozzie: Free. <br>British Gentleman: That narrows the field a bit. <br>[reading from his guide] <br>British Gentleman: "Places where you can park your carcasses." Bus terminals, the river banks, the Happiness Hotel... <br>Kermit: The Happiness Hotel? That sounds great. <br>Gonzo: What's wrong with bus terminals? <br><br><br>A Fine Mess (1986) <br><br>Turnip (Richard Mulligan- RIP): It's a real Art Deco. <br><br>Tony Pazzo (Paul Sorvino): Never heard of the bum. <br><br>Dracula (Bela Lugosi original) <br><br><br>"I never drink (pause) wine." <br><br><br><br>Airplane! <br><br>"Surely you can't be serious?" <br><br>"I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!" <br><br>The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear <br><br>"Oh it hurt. Maybe not as much as jumping onto a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurt."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:20 pm 

[quote author=PackardGoose link=board=general;num=1108250522;start=0#1 date=02/12/05 at 15:23:39]The Muppet Movie <br><br>Fozzie: "Where you headed?" <br><br>Gonzo: "I'm on my way to Bombay, India to become a movie star." <br><br>Fozzie: "You don't go to Bombay, India to become a movie star. You go where we're going, Hollywood.: <br><br>Gonzo: "Sure, if you want to do it the easy way." <br><br>Fozzie (under his breath): "We picked up a weirdo." <br><br><br>Kermit: It's a good thing frogs can hop, or I'd be gone with the Schwin. <br><br><br>El Sleezo Cafe Owner: That's toughest meanest thilfiest place that fell off of the face of the earth <br>Kermit: well why not complain to the owner? <br>El Sleezo Cafe Owner: I am the owner. <br><br>Kermit: This guy's lost. <br>Waiter: Maybe he sould try Hare Krishna. <br>Kermit: Good grief, it's a running gag. <br><br>Kermit: "Gee, a Studebaker." <br>Fozzie: "Yeah, my uncle left it to me." <br>Kermit: "Oh, is he dead?" <br>Fozzie: "No, he's hibernating." <br><br>(Kermit has just turned down Doc Hopper's offer to be the spokesfrog for his chain of French-fried frogs-legs restaurants.)<br><br>Fozzie: "Five hundred dollars? Would you consider a bear in a frog suit?"<br><br>Kermit: "Fozzie!"<br><br>Fozzie: "I'm sorry sir, I just lost my head."<br><br>(Kermit and Fozzie drive off)<br><br>Doc Hopper: "Wait a minute, Mr. Frog. Everything's negotiable."<br><br><br>The Great Muppet Caper <br><br>Fozzie: "We'll do better next time." <br>Mr. Tarkanian: "Next time? NEXT TIME (bangs fist on desk)? What makes you think there's even going to be a next time?" <br>Kermit: "Well if there isn't it's going to be a real short movie." <br><br>Truck Driver: What are you doing here? <br>Oscar the Grouch: A very brief cameo. <br>Truck Driver: Me too. <br><br>Pops: Hey, how're you guys fixin' to pay? <br>Kermit: What are our choices? <br>Pops: A: Credit card; B: Cash; C: Sneak out in the middle of the night. <br>Fozzie: We'll take C. <br>Pops: Very popular choice. <br><br><br>K: Gee it must be 50 below in here. <br>F: You're lucky, you have fur. <br>K: No, no you're the one with the fur. Turn on your light and see for yourself. <br>F: Oh yeah. I keep mixing us up. Kermit can you see if you can reach the hostess call button. I'm hungry. <br>K: Uh Fozzie, they don't serve food in ninth class. <br>F: What? Twelve dollars and we don't even get a meal. <br>G: Can you guys keep it down? I'm trying to watch the movie. <br>(Crew guy comes in) <br>K: Hey, somebody's coming. <br>F: Hey, maybe he's bringing hamburgers. <br>C: All out for England. <br>K: Oh great, the plane is landing. <br>C: The plane? Nah, the plane lands in Italy. YOU land in England! <br><br>British Gentleman: For once, the forecast was right. It is raining cats and dogs. <br>Kermit: No, no. We're bears and frogs. <br>Gonzo: And Gonzos. <br>British Gentleman: Well, whoever you are, whatever you are, welcome to Great Britain. <br>Kermit: Great Britain. We're actually in Great Britain. <br>Fozzie: Oh no we'll never make it to England now. <br>British Gentleman: You are in England, my furry friend. This scepter isle. This jewel of the North Atlantic. <br>Kermit: We were wondering if you could recommend a nice hotel. Actually, a cheap hotel. <br>British Gentleman: How cheap? <br>Fozzie: Free. <br>British Gentleman: That narrows the field a bit. <br>[reading from his guide] <br>British Gentleman: "Places where you can park your carcasses." Bus terminals, the river banks, the Happiness Hotel... <br>Kermit: The Happiness Hotel? That sounds great. <br>Gonzo: What's wrong with bus terminals? <br><br><br>A Fine Mess (1986) <br><br>Turnip (Richard Mulligan- RIP): It's a real Art Deco. <br><br>Tony Pazzo (Paul Sorvino): Never heard of the bum. <br><br>Dracula (Bela Lugosi original) <br><br><br>"I never drink (pause) wine." <br><br><br><br>Airplane! <br><br>"Surely you can't be serious?" <br><br>"I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!" <br><br>The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear <br><br>"Oh it hurt. Maybe not as much as jumping onto a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurt."[/quote]<br>that reads more like a movie script than quotes,<br>here's mine "say hello to my little friend" tony montana, scarface

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:54 pm 

Scarface - what a film.   8)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:08 pm 

From memory:<br><br>"Right! No cunt leaves here 'till we find out what cunt did it!" - Begbie (the pub incident) Trainspotting.<br><br> ;D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:53 pm 

HAL 9000: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid.

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:38 am 

my favorite.. Just look at my signature  8)

"I refuse to become what you call normal"
Lemmy Caution

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:58 am 

[quote author=knepo link=board=general;num=1108250522;start=0#6 date=02/13/05 at 02:38:35]my favorite.. Just look at my signature  8)[/quote]<br><br>Mulholland Drive, right?<br><br>Here's one I cannot forget. It was in Con Air but can't remember who sait it to whom:<br><br>"For me, you are somewhere between a cockroach and the white stuff that accumulates at the corner of your mouth whenever you're really thirsty."<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:38 am 

[quote author=FROWNLAND link=board=general;num=1108250522;start=0#4 date=02/12/05 at 17:08:41]From memory:<br><br>"Right! No cunt leaves here 'till we find out what cunt did it!" - Begbie (the pub incident) Trainspotting.<br><br> ;D[/quote]<br>i watched the acid house and granton star cause last night, both very good...they were made by channel 4 and are available on dvd...a soft touch is also on the same dvd, well worth seeing, a few of the same actors from trainspotting are also in these, favourite quote from the granton star cause would be<br>aww don't shite in ma mooth, don't shite in ma mooth....go on then shite in ma mooth, shite right in ma mooth, from the acid house it would be COCO BRYCE YA RADGE<br>

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:55 am 

<br><br>Goodfellas (1990)<br><br>Tommy DeVito: "But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? How am I funny, like a clown? What is so funny about me? What the FUCK is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny". <br><br> ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D<br> <br>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:23 am 

[quote author=asparagus link=board=general;num=1108250522;start=0#9 date=02/13/05 at 06:55:01] <br><br>Goodfellas (1990)<br><br>Tommy DeVito: "But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? How am I funny, like a clown? What is so funny about me? What the FUCK is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny". <br><br> ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D<br> <br> [/quote]<br><br>My favorite movie of all time, favorite on screen character of all time. <br>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:52 am 

The movie "Snatch" is probably the ultimate collection of quotes (and a good movie too!) Here are some:<br><br>Turkish: Fuck me, hold tight. What's that?<br>Tommy: It's me belt, Turkish.<br>Turkish: No, Tommy. There's a gun in your trousers. What's a gun doing in your trousers?<br>Tommy: It's for protection.<br>Turkish: Protection from what? "Zee Germans"?<br>****<br>Brick Top: In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again.<br>****<br>[Pricing a diamond for Bad Boy Lincoln]<br>Sol: No, it's a moissanite.<br>Bad Boy Lincoln: A what-a-nite?<br>Sol: A moissanite is an artificial diamond, Lincoln. It's Mickey Mouse, man. Spurious. Not genuine. And it's worth... Fuck-all. <br>*****<br>Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:00 pm 

[table][tr][td]Image[/td]<br>[td][font=arial]Nigel:  This is a top to a, you know, what we use on stage, but it's very...very special because if you can see...<br>Marty:  Yeah...<br>Nigel:  ...the numbers all go to eleven.  Look...right across the board.<br>Marty:  Ahh...oh, I see....<br>Nigel: Eleven...eleven...eleven....<br>Marty:  ...and most of these amps go up to ten....<br>Nigel:  Exactly.<br>Marty: Does that mean it's...louder?  Is it any louder?<br>Nigel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it?  It's not ten.  You see, most...most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten.  You're on ten here...all the way  up...all the way up....<br>Marty: Yeah....<br>Nigel:  ...all the way up.  You're on ten on your guitar...where can you go from there?  Where?<br>Marty:  I don't know....<br>Nigel:  Nowhere.  Exactly.  What we do is if we need that extra...push over the cliff...you know what we do?<br>Marty: Put it up to eleven.<br>Nigel: Eleven.  Exactly.  One louder.<br>Marty: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number...and make that a little louder?<br>Nigel: ...these go to eleven[/font][/td][/tr][/table]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:38 pm 

[quote author=cor_bovinum link=board=general;num=1108250522;start=0#10 date=02/13/05 at 10:23:54]<br><br>My favorite movie of all time, favorite on screen character of all time. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Deffo, its an amazing film, I never tire of it. Great cast too.  ;D<br>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:40 pm 

I wanted to include the entire "Who's On First" routine from Abbot and Costello's movie The Naughty Nineties, but it was too long.   :(<br><br><br>I second the support for "My name is Inigo Montoya.  You killed my father. Prepare to die."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:40 pm 

[quote author=BBSNX link=board=general;num=1108250522;start=15#15 date=02/13/05 at 15:00:00][table][tr][td]Image[/td]<br>[td][font=arial]Nigel:  This is a top to a, you know, what we use on stage, but it's very...very special because if you can see...<br>Marty:  Yeah...<br>Nigel:  ...the numbers all go to eleven.  Look...right across the board.<br>Marty:  Ahh...oh, I see....<br>Nigel: Eleven...eleven...eleven....<br>Marty:  ...and most of these amps go up to ten....<br>Nigel:  Exactly.<br>Marty: Does that mean it's...louder?  Is it any louder?<br>Nigel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it?  It's not ten.  You see, most...most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten.  You're on ten here...all the way  up...all the way up....<br>Marty: Yeah....<br>Nigel:  ...all the way up.  You're on ten on your guitar...where can you go from there?  Where?<br>Marty:  I don't know....<br>Nigel:  Nowhere.  Exactly.  What we do is if we need that extra...push over the cliff...you know what we do?<br>Marty: Put it up to eleven.<br>Nigel: Eleven.  Exactly.  One louder.<br>Marty: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number...and make that a little louder?<br>Nigel: ...these go to eleven[/font][/td][/tr][/table][/quote]<br><br><br>Another quality film, up there with the classics.<br>I love the bit near the end, when the manager has an almighty row with them, and Derek Smalls is just sat there with his pipe, occasionally looking into camera....hahahahahahaha!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:56 am 

In Bull Durham, Annie says,<br><br>"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self-awareness."<br><br>Truer words are seldom spoken.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:55 pm 

[......................................................................<br>........................................................................<br>.........................................................................<br>..........................................................................<br>.........................................................................<br>.........................................................................<br>.........................................................................<br>.........................................................................<br>..................................]<br><br>Buster Keaton The General<br><br>Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:59 pm 
Banned

"I ain't no jive ass black nigger, honey. Who do you think I am? Geraldine?"

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:28 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:10 pm 
Banned

"Shit."

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:16 pm 

"Make my day"<br>  Clint Eastwood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:37 am 

Any line from any Mel Brooks movie is my favorite (especially Blazing Saddles). <br>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next