First of all: Many thanks to Dweezil, the band and everyone who helped to make this tour happen!
It was a fantastic 3 1/2 hour concert. I enjoyed every minute of it and am very happy to have been part of the audience. I've heard a number of other bands playing FZ music, but never in this quality and dedication to get even the tiny little details right.
The audience hounoured this with minute-long applause, and even standing ovations after some of the more spectacular pieces. That's totally unheard of in Berlin, usually the Berliners aren't easily impressed and keep their cool, so I guess this means something
Steve Vai and Terry Bozzio were great, too. A nice bit of cream on the top, but the concert would have been a memorable experience even without them, because the band was fabulously good already.
I really loved Dweezil's guitar playing. He has his own style, but also managed to sound very much like FZ without copying his solos note by note. Dweezil, I hope you'll come back to Berlin some time to play some of your own music! I've been waiting for that ever since that Z tour with MK that never happened...
- Terry lost his right drum stick twice during "I'm so cute". The second time I sensed that he thought "Aw FUCK, not AGAIN!". He tightened his grip then and it didn't happen again
- Steve Vai filmed Terry Bozzio during the Black Page drum solo
- Ahmet was missing; Dweezil's way of addressing the audience was nice, but not very exciting
- they played the "new" song from the vault (Imaginary Diseases?), the set list was similar to the other concerts, no surprises
- willie the pimp is right, it would have been more enjoyable if it had been a little less loud, but otherwise the sound was OK