Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:42 am 

Brianfit wrote:

I converted the favicon.ico file at root at zappa.com into a gif image you can hack into any post.

Maybe the forum meister could make a similar file available locally.
;-)

And he should!

Works for me.
Thnx Brian.

So now I can also explain the t-shirt, it said:
(')=Image
Never saw that one before.

Also, Dweezil mentioned something about audience participation in the beginning, but we didn't get any.
I guess the cd throwing was enough audience participation for one night.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Yo mama
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:18 pm 

pastoor wrote:
anybody going to Düsseldorf on sunday?

Sam

Yep. Block C, Reihe 7, Platz 3 :lol:

And a week later Brussels :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:45 pm 

Reinbo wrote:
pastoor wrote:

Sam

I'm sitting in block 4. I think i'll go to brussels as well. Damn what a band!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:58 pm 

Well, I'm broke and I have a deadline to meet, so not for me.

He plays the same show every night. Beware!

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:38 am 

pastoor wrote:
Reinbo wrote:
pastoor wrote:

Sam

I'm sitting in block 4. I think i'll go to brussels as well. Damn what a band!

Yep Block A Reihe 2 + Brussels and London!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:52 am 

3 hours long the most gorgeous Zappa songs performed by the BEST MUSICIANS EVER!

It started with a movie on a big screen...ROXY 1973 Montana and Duprees Paradise!

Then the concert began and immediately it was that good zappa vibe! Mostly 70's songs superb performed by Napoleon Murphy Brock. It was getting better and better.

Then Terry Bozzio came on stage to peform I'm so cute, chin, punky meadows, the black page (with Joe Travers) , during that song Steve Vai came on stage and that was so awesome!!!!

Very emotional to see all these guys after all these years together on stage. During the playing of Sofa Dweezil broke down in tears (so did Joe)...and so did we...

Last edited by unicapb on Tue May 23, 2006 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: That Dweezil-Night
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:17 pm 

Ain't this what living is really all about!

Looks to me like something funky
Is going on around here
People singing and dancing and playing
Exactly what we want to hear
And the band is just
Incredibly tight
So get ready to party
'Cause the son of the master
Is doing it right
And from above
We Zee the light

Post subject: Enough said
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:38 am 

Louie Louie: Well spoken... Just cam back from Dweezildorf. Another great show!!!

Post subject: Re: 15 May 2006: Amsterdam, Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:34 am 

The concert in Amsterdam was great. Last time I saw Frank was in '88 in Ahoy Rotterdam and I didn't expected to hear his music life ever again, but there it was... less talking and a little bit more rocky. I don't think it could be better. Thanks guys, hope to see you again.

Post subject: One week ago...Zappa plays Zappa in Amsterdam.
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:39 pm 

The concert was absolutely fabulous! It took me one week to come back on earth. The Roxy video was great to see, a real tribute to Frank the Master.
To hear Napoleon Murphy Brock sing all these beautiful songs I've been listening to for 30 years now, live on stage, was just amazing.
Steve Vai was great, a modest master on guitar. Terry Bozzio and Joe Travers kicked ass! Also a big thank you for the young Zappa robots!

It's just amazing to see Dweezil perform his fathers music with so much love and sensitivity.
I have seen Frank Zappa perform in Holland 6 times and he can be damned proud of his son!
In short, I will never forget this concert. It was very emotional and beautiful. Thank you Dweezil, Ahmet and Gail for making a dream come true.

Much love, EzThEr.

By the way, love your pants, Dweezil !!!

Post subject: concert in the netherlands
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:11 am 

What a superb concert!! This is the best kind of performing I ever saw!!
I'm still experiencing it in my head every minute. Where Frank called the Hot Rats album "a movie for your ears", this was both a fantastic experience for your ears and a spectacular happening for your eyes. Even the shameful cd-incident was solved so very professionally by Dweezil, that it was forgotten in the concert right away. Marvelous to see that this concert was no imitation, but a real good interpretation of Frank's compositions.
I could'nt even help to feel tears, when Dweezil did. What a great, great performer!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:28 pm 

Had bought my VIP ticket on July 2nd, the minute sales were open... had to set my alarm to 9AM for it. To afford it, I had to spend my summer holidays getting up at 5AM to deliver newspapers.

Mainly I got that tick so I could meet Dweezil, and I was gutted that, there being 60 VIP ticketholders and only one hand-shaker (though Heineken Music Hall advertised it as a "meeting with the band") my list of questions had to be cut short to "may I have you signature?" and "thank you". It made me a bit down, to see the meeting I'd been so wanting to place, end in such a way, but hey! At least I got his autograph!

The sound-check was great! I got to stand at the front, in the middle, so I had plenty of good photo opportunity. Unfortunately my scanner is a bit crappy...
Imaginary Diseases was awesome! Which reminds me I still need to get that album. (Actually I got it by now, great!)
Dweezil seemed a lot more open, more cheerful and relaxed during the soundcheck, than during the show. At the soundcheck he was making jokes about the tour being cancelled, and Gloria Estefan.

The concert itself was amazing! The only bring-downs were the CD and the ladies in the VIP box bothering and walking in front of you with dishes full of tasteless snacks.
But the band played fantastically! Terry was just amazing, it was great to hear him sing live, Steve Vai's solo (thank you for the MPeg!) was rippin', DZ sobbing at Sofa must have been the sweetest thing I've ever seen... Pete Griffin was a joy to watch, he's an amazing bassist... Wish I could have seen more of Aaron Arntz, his soloing was just too cool! And Napi was such a great entertainer and singer, I didn't much care in the end that Ahmet wasn't there. It was just superb!

My ticket, which wasn't returned to us. Instead, we got a bracelet (which I put on the wrong wrist, so I couldn't remove it after the concert).

Me at ZPZ, taken by me with a Nexia APS camera and a cheapo 200 ASA film.

Will be going to Brussels on the 30th too...

Dweezil, thank you for one beautiful night, another great night still to come, teaching us how to pronounce Estefan, and your signature!

For a lengthy review on both ZPZ nights, click here.

Last edited by Bonny on Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: ...and again..yes!
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:41 pm 

First Amsterdam and now Brussels!

I went to the Heineken Music Hall on May 15 and it was a night to remember.....Dweezil, the young musicians....Bozzio, Vai and Mr. Brock gave it all and to my surprise it was the very first night of the tour.....
Now, two weeks later it is confirmed that I will visit Dweezil and his Freak Out musicians again!!!

A dream came true....'cause now I can see how it developed in two weeks of playing Zappa, the master of stealing the margarine at St. Alphonzo's Pancake Breakfast!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6