Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 7 June 2006: Athens, Greece
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:31 am 
Site Admin

Did you attend this show at Hellinicon Olympic Complex in Athens?

Post your impressions/photos/reviews here.

Please do not post in this thread if you did not attend this show.

Thanks!

Zappa.com Admin
www.zappa.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:02 pm 

Hi :)

I feel grateful because I had the chance to hear Frank's music live in Athens for the first time. The show was amazing! I enjoyed every second.
Dweezil, Steve, Napoleon and all the members of the group, thank you for this unforgetable-full of emotions evening.

vicky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:34 am 

thanks to all the guyes and ladies that made this happen!!!

extraordinary performances by everyone (even the wind that choked up the low end in times :P)! every single member of the band did their best!

preetty many thanks to all, and especially to dweezil for putting all this together!

ps.as a drummer, i was looking really forward to seeing mr bozzio, but in the end of the night i felt the same satisfaction as if terry was on stage!

dave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:54 pm 

A big “thank you “ to Dweezil and the band for coming over to Athens and playing such a great show. Having seen live twice in the past Frank –I had my doubts about this project and nearly missed the show. Luckily, I overcame my fears, put on my Mothers T-shirt and went to the gig at the Softball Olympic Complex. Dweezil & co did a brilliant job and now I feel relieved and - besides -pleased not to miss the zpz spectacle ! Well done guys.
Frank should be proud of you!
I was at the Hammersmith Odeon show in 1982 and I remember a young – long haired Dweezil joining on stage his father for the encore. Never thought I will see him again 24 years later fronting himself a band and performing Frank’s music. The set list was well balanced and the band appropriately rehearsed.
Dweezil seemed pleased that so many young people attended the show. Maybe some of them were intrigued by the showmanship of Steve Vai’s guitar style – whose – to be honest - soloing theatrics left me rather unimpressed... Nevertheless, I hope that the young audience came closer to Zappa music – as a result of this tour and got to know the musical brilliance of “ourâ€