Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:31 pm 

most of the negative reviewers are keeping their comments to themselves, you need to keep that in mind. This could have been so much, much better.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:05 pm 

:roll:

colauita68

Wow you must have the pulse of the people. How do you know most people are keeping it to themselves? Could it be that most people actually enjoyed the show? Na that would go against your know it all attitude. Do us all a favor and just stay home next time. I take it you've been surveying the populous to assume such a thing. Try and google for blogs on this subject and I think you'll find out the opposite of your assumption. Negative reviews are there also. This has to be the biggest tour that Dweezil has ever embarked on, and i'm sure he is adjusting to the position of band leader, and to play music that is as difficult to play as Frank's, he is more than qualified. Could he have brought on more ex-band members, sure, but these are some awesome musicians he has, and to slight their ability is truly assinine. Said it once, I'll say it again, it was an awesome performence by more than qualified people, and like you stated, "It's all about the music". But then you piss and moan about who's playing it. Are you sure your not George Bush?

Post subject: Psychic predictions
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:01 am 

Dear colauita68,

I have enlisted the assistance of my local newspaper (wrapped around my head) and a round hunk of glass to divine that you just might have a long and successful career writing for Rolling Stone, or perhaps prospecting with Warner Brothers... :wink:

"The price of meat has just gone up and your old lady has just gone down"

Post subject: OK I have listened to 7 shows - they are still Very Average!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:03 pm 

don't call me assinine for saying these guys are average musicians - that is my opinion, and I have very high standards. Half these guys could not be in my old band. Including Dweezil. Again - they are not representing the music and legacy as well as it could be, done. Very simple. They need to start putting things aside and work towards that - get the best people available. At least you didn't say this was the best show you ever saw, like some of the disillusioned fools above. A few of them even say they saw Frank live, as did I 9 times. Anybody who says this band is better than a Zappa band is truly, truly, out of their mind. And to use your term youngb - assinine. I am sure you find that hard to argue with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:37 pm 

Is it possible to get a sample of the stuff you did with "your old band". If it's as amazing as it sounds (and it better be (best for all of us)) I'll be proud to be the first one to admit that I've been wrong about you and your views...until then..I think I'm right when I say that you are wrong. Statements like the one about the musicians, I find very hard to deal with, and you should back them up. Myself, I'd be extatic to have musicians like this in "my old band".
This was truely one of the best/ finest, if not the best/finest concert I've ever seen or been to..and yes, that includes Franks shows too.

Post subject: Seriously Lost souls`
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:04 pm 

And you Mr. Bjorn are a completeley lost soul. Anybody who compares these guys with a real Zappa show never got it in the first place. Shouldn't you be listening to Phish or the Red Hot Chilli Peppers or somebody like that instead?? All the true Zappa fans agree with me that this has been a very petty ordeal sponsored by the ZFT, the so-called "official" presentation of FZ music. A complete joke. And even Dweez himself admits there is no good reason for him to be doing this, all he goes back to is that he is the son. Does that mean he understands Frank's desires better than people who made it happen??? Of course not, it's all so ludicrous. Give me a f'ing break!!! And you people got sold!Without a doubt this tour could have been so much better without Dweezil involved. Forget the bloodlines, LETS GET THE BEST POSSIBLE PRESENTATION OF THE MUSIC!! That is my point and everybody else's who agree with me, including some Zappa alumnus I am in contact with. So get a grip man. (And a guy named Thunes was in my band for a while, smart-a--)

Last edited by colauita68 on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:42 pm 

to colaiuta68

Don't get so mad...difference of opinion...right..unless you know something I don't....?
Actually, I would really like to hear some of your stuff...but, If the point of this tour was to give a younger audience a brief sample on what went on in FZ's world, I belive bringing it to them with a "younger" pack of musicians is the way to go. It seemed to work for most people....even fan's from back in the day. The man himself once said, that he was basically tryin to entertain people who wanted to be entertained...well, I was entertained in Oslo the 18.may, so I will say that this was in his spirit...
Why did you even go to see the show..you must have know what a "disaster" it would turn out to be ?? (you don't have to answer that :))
As for Phish (have no idea what that is), Chili Pepper's have some ok stuff, but it's not for me.
As for if "I get" it or not, well, I dunno really...don't care to be honest, but I enjoy what FZ brought to the world of music, and for me...that's plenty.
Whatever you might know or think you know, I regard myself as a fan of FZ, no matter how lost some people find me to be.

Post subject: This is UNBELIEVABLE
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:28 pm 

Bjorn, why are you so stupid? Nobody is mad here - me and the FZ alumnus I am in touch with are just so sick and tired of idiots on this websote who KEEP MISSING MY POINT. WE ALL KNOW THE REASON FOR THE TOUR - to attract younger audiences. I don't need you telling me that - what do you think I have been saying for 3 months! They DID NO0T DO THAT NEARLY AS WELL AS THEY COULD HAVE!!! THEY ARE CHEAPENING THE LEGACY AND LETTING PETTY GAIL ZAPPA PERSONAL BATTLES INTERFERE WITH PRESENTING FRANK'S MUSIC THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE. Nobody in their right mind thinks Dweezil should be in this band. And when he is asked why he should be the band ;leader he has ZERO reason! All he says is that he is the best person to do it because he is the son! We all know that is total BS. He is NOT qualified to be in this band. ONCE AGAIN - let the best musicians available do the tour and it would have been phenomenal instead of a cheap rip off by the ZFT. No Ike Willis? No Ed Mann? No Martin or Mars? NOW do you get it, Bjorn!!??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:21 am 

First of all, you need to stop referring to people as stupid and idiots, to me that says more about you than the people you are trying to describe.
Second, I'm not trying to "tell" you anything, just sharing my thoughts around the whole deal.
Third, I'm not absolutely sure that the old bandmembers you would prefer in the band, would preform any better than the ones actually in the band without Frank's way of conducting.
If I haven't totally misunderstood, he brought preformances out of people they didn't even know they were capable of themselves. Maybe Dweezil don't have that as a bandleader, I still don't see who would do Frank's part...like Frank.
I think they got through the heavy arrangements parts quite good, as for the more "free" improv parts...I think they all expressed themselves pretty good.
I feel that the legacy is in good hands. Could the band have been better ??...maybe...probably, one can always improve.
The personal battles you mention...I know nothing about.
If, by now, you're gettin sick of me/this (I'm not :) ) just call me stupid once more and you'll never hear from me again.

Post subject: Idiot Bastard Son of an Idiot...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:29 am 

:twisted: Everyone's got an asshole, so why not show yours off? Like you're doing by trashing this other dude's opinion just 'cause he doesn't agree with you that it was an orgasmic, sublime, spiritual, sacred, important, neato cool, lovely show. Personally, I don't like anonymous group anal rape sex with power tools. Bet you think that's just idiotic 'cause you know you love it. Ha Ha Ho Ho He He . . . . :twisted: