Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 07 November 2010: Belgium, BE
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:15 pm 
Site Admin

Did you attend the ZPZ show at Leuven Het Depot in Belgium?

Dweezil and the band love reading your reviews.

Please do not post in this thread if you did not attend the show.

Mikey
Zappa.com Webmeister

Post subject: Re: 07 November 2010: Belgium, BE
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:09 am 

Wat a great f**cking band! Great show. During the concert I closed my eyes (now & then, not the hole time) en I heard Frank playing "spiderwise" his SG. Dweezil has the same DNA. Emotional moments when I saw Frank on the big screen and his son in front of him; looking over his shoulder to his dad. For us Frank is Zappa but for Dweezil it's just his dad, you know what I mean. Many thnaks for the great show, great musicians.

PS. Has Ben always played the trumpet? First time I saw him in Eindhoven he did not. But then again he was with the band just en couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:10 pm 

Great musicians!

The show with Frank Zappa was also an emotional moment for me! And when Dweezil gave me his pick too.. Er, I was so excited, shaking from my toes to my ears, that I even forgot to thank him.

So, thank yu very much for these great moments of happiness!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:14 am 

I was there on sunday 7th november in my home town Leuven, Belgium.
I've been listening to Zappa's music since I was 15, i'm now 45 and consider myself a serious fan of his music, have about every album in one format or another (vinyl, cassette, CD). This was the first time ever I saw a Zappa show, as a youngster I couldn't afford it.
I must say I was a bit sceptical when Dweezil started the ZPZ project a few years ago,.. That scepticism disappeared when I saw the first ZPZ DVD.
I must admit that, after the Belgian show, I have nothing but the deepest respect for Dweezil. Without exaggeration I can say that I was blown away sunday. I never felt as emotional during a music concert, starting from note one until the end of the show. Great setlist, concentrating on the seventies "Duke" era, my favourite era. Especially the ZPZ version of RDNZL was a revelation to me.
After the gig, i was surprised to see Dweezil taking his time to talk to the fans signature their books/albums/tickets. I must admit I got one also (I felt a bit embarrassed afterwards admitting to my wife that I, a 45 rational human being, was now in the possession of an autograph of Dweezil Zappa).
I was too shy to talk to Dweezil and simply said "great show" to him...
Dweezil, you have my deepest respect, go on doing what you do... and please come back to Belgium.