Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 08 November 2010: Paris, FR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:25 pm 
Site Admin

Did you attend the ZPZ show at the Olympia in Paris, FR?

Dweezil and the band love reading your reviews.

Please do not post in this thread if you did not attend the show.

Mikey
Zappa.com Webmeister

Post subject: Re: 08 November 2010: Paris, FR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:10 am 

A truly amazing show at an incredible venue. Having seen ZPZ at the Roundhouse on Saturday, I was expecting a great evening and I wasn't disappointed - Dweezil and the band really gave it everything! It was clear to the audience the band thoroughly enjoyed themselves, Ben and Scheila in particular really seemed to have a ball. The crowd was very receptive of the Apostrophe material, played with great authenticity. Uncle Remus, for me, was just magical (and the Cosmik Debris footage with Frank was a crowd pleaser). The pre-interval closing track was an incredible rendition of Inca Roads, where the VT of Frank's solo was absolutely mesmerising.

After the interval (a very civilised opportunity for refreshments IMHO) the band launched into a superb version of RDNZL - a showcase for Jamie and Scheila and then a great drum solo from Joe. The remainder of the second half passed only too quickly (Keep it Greasy, Montana, Pick Me, I promise not to...., Cruisin' for Burgers) and I was incredibly impressed by the unwavering excellence of every bandmember's performance. This really is a special band and everyone should beg, steal or borrow and do whatever it takes to get to a gig this tour.

The inevitable encore was breathtaking: Baby Snakes, Chrissy Puked Twice (Titties N Beer) and rounded off by Muffin Man. Jamie and Ben gave us a unique, fresh and totally superb version of Titties N Beer. The crowd (with a good sprinkling of youngsters) was ecstatic

Dweezil deserves special mention. He gave us a really sensational performance - not just technically fantastic (as expected) but layered with great feeling, richness and sensitivity. The solos (and improvs) are always expansive, flowing and emotional, never mechanical.

BRAVO!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:56 am 

Hi,

It was my first ZPZ experience. I must say that I loved and enjoyed every moment of it. Apostrophe being one my fav album from FZ. Thanks to all the band members for this great evening. Cherry on the cake, bought the freshly issued Hammersmith Odeon 78' at the show (excellent setlist, sound, humor... Mister Z as its best).

Goldilox from Paris

Attachments:
IMG_0522.jpg
IMG_0522.jpg [ 37.94 KiB | Viewed 2500 times ]
IMG_0528.jpg
IMG_0528.jpg [ 39.53 KiB | Viewed 2500 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:19 am 

A bit late for a review but I was there and it was bliss. Many many thanks to all the band members. It was beauty itself.