Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 6 December 2010: Phoenix, AZ
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:20 am 
Site Admin

Did you attend the ZPZ show at the Comercia Theatre in Phoenix, AZ?

Dweezil and the band love reading your reviews.

Please do not post in this thread if you did not attend the show.

Mikey
Zappa.com Webmeister

Post subject: Re: 6 December 2010: Phoenix, AZ
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:46 pm 

Excellent show. The band gets better each time I see them. A tiny tear (of joy) fell from my eye watching Frank on the screen. The exchange between Ben and Jamie during Titties and Beer was hilarious, as was Ben's dance. Please return to Phoenix on the next tour!

Post subject: Re: 6 December 2010: Phoenix, AZ
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:42 am 

Very nice concert indeed. They seemed to be still a bit under the San Diego incident influence, but Dweezil is not only great and gifted musician, he is such a classy guy too. This is a great service to keep Frank's music alive, and to present it with such accuracy only great talents can achieve. All the band members deserve recognition for that. Too bad nobody talks about beauty, but Frank's music is at times truly the most beautiful music ever composed. I saw Frank performing in person on few occasions (Zagreb, Vienna, Milan, Chicago), and the way he sounded is unmatched even by the ZPZ band. To hear Frank Zappa live is one of the most unforgettable experiences ever. He was such true genius, and that fact is still not fully understood and appreciated by many. There is no doubt in my mind that thanks to Dweezil and the band, his father's music will be much easier recognized by generations to come, and never forgotten. Dweezil's musical development, guitar playing skills, and attention to detail have reached the point, however, that I believe the time has come that he begins doing some serious composing on his own. I am quite anxious to hear his own new music and hoping to be able to do so in the future. In the meantime, thanks for keeping Frank's music alive!

PS. And please note the name of the theatre is not Comercia, but Comerica.