Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 10 December 2010: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:45 am 
Site Admin

Did you attend the ZPZ show at Turner Hall in Milwaukee, WI?

Dweezil and the band love reading your reviews.

Please do not post in this thread if you did not attend the show.

Mikey
Zappa.com Webmeister

Post subject: Re: 10 December 2010: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:02 pm 

I read that the band reads these posts and I hope thats true. First the next time to Milwaukee I hope you play at the Mojeska, a middle of the road venue but nice, Turner hall was a dump. Now to the show, most impressed, Dweezil you've really grow as a guitar player. And the Sax player was truely awesome. Much better show than I expected. You're keeping your dad alive and well. That had to be one of your better shows. Don't forget us next year. If ever you need a drummer should something happen to yours an old buddy of mine, Troy Hadler who opened up for John Molo among others and had a hand drumming CD out years back would be a perfect fit for you. He moved to the east coast, Hedgesville WV. and played all around the area, and last I heard was planning to move to Austin because of the music scene down there. We were really good friends and lost touch. Remember the name, years ago we were Zappa freaks as well. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:52 pm 

I jumped up waving my arms (reflex response I guess) during the Muffin Man portion of the encore. Could not help myself!!! I feel so fortunate to have the connection to this music since 1967, and now it's "re-birth" with the ZPZ Band. After the show Dweezil signed my 40 year old photo WITH Frank from a 1970/1971 show at the Milwaukee Arena. In true groupie fashion I followed Frank to the Milwaukee Inn hotel where he was staying. Bummed that we had missed him arrive, we sat in the Lobby area and shortly thereafter Frank walked through. Classsic picture now has Dweezil's "cool" endorsement. I think this could be described as "FULL CIRCLE". Keep up the policy of "easy access" for fans. It really does go a long way. MILWAUKEEPLEASENEXTYEAR!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:23 am 

Hi, 17 year old FZ fan here. This was my 2nd ZPZ show (and 2nd ZPZ review, the first being at Summerfest on July 1, 2008) and once again it was an awesome show. All the solos on "RDNZL" blew me away and so did Chris Norton's keyboard effects solo on "Inca Roads". I was a little nervous about how the new singer Ben Thomas would fit into the mix, considering I'd never seen him live before, but he pulled off his job very well and of course, like always The Dweez played spectacular guitar. I have to say, you guys are really dedicated to the FZ and ZPZ fans and I could see that by how long you spent signing people's stuff at the end of the show. If I knew you guys did that I would have brought my VHS copy of 200 Motels along. On a final note, come back to Milwaukee soon ZPZ (and play "Florentine Pogen" the next time you come please)!!!

Anyways, this was the setlist for anyone that wants to know (or for those who don't check Dweezil Zappa World)-

The Gumbo Variations
Don't Eat The Yellow Snow
Nanook Rubs It
St. Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast
Father O Blivion
Cosmik Debris (with 1974 footage of FZ singing and playing guitar)
Excentrifugal Forz
Apostrophe
Uncle Remus
Stinkfoot
RDNZL
Joe Travers Drum Solo
Jones Crusher
Echidna's Arf (Of You)
Pick Me I'm Clean
Inca Roads (with more 1974 footage of FZ playing guitar)
Dinah Moe Humm
I Promise Not To Come In Your Mouth
Cruising For Burgers

ENCORE:
Baby Snakes
Titties & Beer (with the unreleased Chrissy Puked Twice verse)
Muffin Man (with 1977 Baby Snakes footage of FZ playing guitar)

The biggest highlights for me were "Uncle Remus", "Inca Roads", "I Promise Not To Come In Your Mouth" and "Baby Snakes".