Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:54 pm 

indioofthegroup you said it like I wanted to but couldn't find the words to expain how I felt after seeing the HOB show in Anaheim. I watched the whole show on the monitor under some guys armpit (sure glad he didn't have BO! In Vegas HOB they didn't book like that, everybody could see the stage, there wasn't a bad seat in the house. I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the most incredable show ever.

When DZ was doing the hand motions I was reminded of a show in 1974? when FZ was doing the hand signals and the band was having some fun with him. I think it was Ian and Ruth Underwood, Jean-Luc Ponty, and George Duke everytime Frank turned around to talk to the crowd they would do alittle squeek and Frank would turn around real fast to catch the person that did it. The band would all look away and pretend they didn't do anything. Frank would turn and start to talk again and of course the band would do it again. After it happening 3 or 4 times he gave up and would just lay it on heavy and really jam. It was cool to remember things from years gone by just by closing my eyes.

Even though I couldn't see the show ROCKED!!! I would of liked hearing Camarillo Brillo though. FZ was great doing I'm the Slime!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:22 am 

Where might I find a copy of one of these incredible perfomances for my own suddenly lacking audio archives?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:34 am 

You can't, I was there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:53 am 

I saw quite a few tapers (audio & video) in Phoenix....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:18 am 

The Zappa Family Trust would have to look into that for you, for me it was just a memory that came back while listening to DZ with my eyes closed, since I couldn't see them playing, my mind went back in time. (DZ, you played THAT good) A couple of good friends and myself were professional Zappa concert goers, where ever he played in the western states we were there, good times, following the master around the country in my 1965 VW Transport Van. Just memories of an old lady. My son was 2 the first time he seen Frank in concert, l972 Bridges Auditorium where he lead a Philhormonic (sp?) Orchestra. Enough rambling.

Post subject: Blown Away!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:50 am 

Nothing can be said to describe the show-truly amazing!! Beyond amazing!!

Thanks to Dweezil and the rest of the band for performing such an amazing show-it is great to hear the music live and direct from a Zappa as well. Luckily I saw a few of Frank's shows, thanks to my Dad, and I must say I thought nothing could compare, but Thursday night changed that thought-well done!!

Please, please, please do this every year!!! I will personally underwrite the tour if I have to!!

Post subject: HOB
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:03 pm 

I was upstairs at the show , and i must say if you were to either side on the outter ring it was a bummer . Fortunatly my sisters convinced a bouncer to let us on the inside . From there i had a great angle and the show was outstanding .

i hope that any return to the area will not be at the HOB .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:14 pm 

Does anybody know the name of that reggae song they played in Anaheim?

The song has a reggae chant style of rythum but the melody was going all over the place before melting into other types of music such as those sick jazz parts with Nepoleon M doing those amazing sax solos.

Does anybody know the name of that song?

I must add that one to my collection.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

jacked421 wrote:
Does anybody know the name of that reggae song they played in Anaheim?

The song has a reggae chant style of rythum but the melody was going all over the place before melting into other types of music such as those sick jazz parts with Nepoleon M doing those amazing sax solos.

Does anybody know the name of that song?

I must add that one to my collection.

Thanks!

It's "King Kong." :)

Mikey
zappa.com

Post subject: Re: 22 June 2006: Anaheim, CA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:55 pm 

admin wrote:
Did you attend this show at the House Of Blues in Anaheim?

Post your impressions/photos/reviews here.

Please do not post in this thread if you did not attend this show.

Thanks!

Zappa.com Admin
www.zappa.com
I'm computer retarded, that's why I couldn't figure out how to post this the day after the concert. Anyhow That was the best concert that I've ever been to. I don't care about the un-comfortable HOB. The music was worth every minute, and $. Dweezil and the great people he chose to represent Frank's music did a fantastic job, and Where do you go to hear 3 hours of nonstop FZ music? Even when I saw Frank in San Diego, His band would take an intermission. You guy's rocked the house all night. This Idea of ZPZ is the best thing that cold have happened.