Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 19 December 2010: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:35 am 
Site Admin

Did you attend the ZPZ show at the House of Blues in Boston, MA?

Dweezil and the band love reading your reviews.

Please do not post in this thread if you did not attend the show.

Mikey
Zappa.com Webmeister

Post subject: Re: 19 December 2010: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:49 am 

set list from tonight (link Blow). signed after show by Scheila,Ben,Chris and Dweezil. Roadie handed me Joe's set list from his kit. Fantastic way to end the tour by Taking time out after couple hours of music and signed all sorts of stuff. Kid next to me by Scheila after show was from France came over to see show. I thought I had long drive down from Vermont. Met Ladd last fall at Manhattan Center NYC at Ratdog show who also was from France ... Anyway, lots going on on stage along with the music. Dude behind me caught the stuffed animal that had panty duty before his flight off stage. . Reminded me when I saw Frank at Boston Music Hall back in Fall 1976. He interacted with us and there was always someone on stage doing something to entertain us and the band mates. Nice to see them up there having fun. It sure showed in the performance they laid down tonite. Dweezil has this left hand gesture like his dad did. his hand sometimes Kinda rolls off neck with a lil flick after laying down a rift...... Did Scheila donate her wares after every show or just for the last one. Man what a night. Gonna have to play rendition of song Dirty Laundry ..ha ha ha.. Hay, thanks for the the great time. See you next time.
Cannot post pic ??? Help.... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... 1234306066

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:15 am 

Lick me my 8th ZPZ show
It has been fun watching DZ and the band mature into the music. With every tour, what I percieve as the essence of Frank comes out a little more. This show was very playful and it really seemed to me that the band was having fun tonight. I know Franks music so well, that I am always hoping for variance and or surprise, the improv and joking around on stage was really nice. Thanks yall in the band for a wonderful night (again)
They started off with The Gumbo Variations and the rolled right into the Apostrophe album when that was finished RDNZL was next with band solos. It was at this point in the night that the show really took off in my opinion.
some of the highlights were Inca Roads, Peaches, City of tiny lights, Willie the Pimp, I promise not to come in your mouth, Crusin for burgers (zappa in new york version), Dynamo hum with improv from Ben riffing on the audience, titties and beer with a routine from Ben and Jamie on the devil. the show ended with Muffin Man and the had a video of Frank from Baby Snakes and where he picked up a roll of toilet paper and threw it into the audience, they threw an actual roll out at us, which was pretty funny.
Another nice part of the night was at the beginning of the show some held up a sign that read

You are my GOD,
Well actually your Dad was my GOD,
So I guess that makes you Jesus Christ...

Dweezil picked up the sign and held it up for us all to see. I have to agree with that audience member...
SO on that note thank you Jesus from the second coming of Zappa!
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:45 am 

Yep, we were there,my husband & I. Our 5th show this year, started with Providence, R.I. then proceeded to Bridgeport,Ct. Hampton Beach,N.H. , Great Barrington,Mass & Boston,Mass. Show was exceptional,Esp. Loved all the interaction the band had with the audience,Reminisant to the last day of school excitement(last show of last tour of year) Loved seeing Santa Joe dump sack of undies and Shelia very cautiously adorning Joe's kit with them. Next tour we'd like to see the quilt up on clothesline on stage. Loved the Crissy Puked twice entertainment and if I wasn't half way to 70 I'd have loved to have joined the young teeny Boppers up on stage, the dancin' fools they were. We were fortunate to be front and center row, putting in time waiting outside prior to doors opening. Seems I may be becoming a familiar New England face as the band connected with me through smiles and winks. Had a 15 yr. old to my left and 8 & 11 yr. old's to my right, Dweezil signed set list and gave to 11 yr. old. He asked my name and signed it to my Freak Out shirt. Also saw a memorial poster and roses left in memory of Cpt. BeefHeart outside, R.I.P. One short note how I came to know Frank's music,6 yrs. ago we were working in the North Maine Woods @ a remote Sporting Camp, one and half hours from the nearest town. Days were 14 hr. shifts tending camps and most of the time working independently, WELL, anyway a I had a CD walkman and a few mixed cds a friend (Named Frank,ironicley) gave me and ultimately working @ camp become my labortory to explore Frank's music.Frank has become a constant companion and friend ever since.Great job, gentlemen & Sheila, keep it up. We'll continue to support you and hope to see you many years to come. Love,Elizabeth & Richard Middletown,Ct.
P.S. In case you forgot my Request,Duke of Prunes