Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 01 December 2011: Brighton, UK
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

Did you attend the ZPZ show at Dome in Brighton, UK?

Dweezil and the band love reading your reviews.

Please do not post in this thread if you did not attend the show.

Mikey
Zappa.com Webmeister

Post subject: Re: 01 December 2011: Brighton, UK
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:08 pm 

Set list for the Brighton show:

1st set...
Heavy Duty Judy.
Yellow Snow.
Nanook Rubs it.
St Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast.
Father 'Oblivion.
Cosmik Debris. (FZ video)
Exentrifugal Forz.
Apostrophe.
Uncle Remus.
Stinkfoot.
Pick Me I'm Clean.
Don't You ever Wash That Thing?

2nd set...
Black Napkins. (FZ video)
Cheapnis.
Peaches En Regalia.
Carolina Hard-Core Ecstasy.
What's The Ugliest Part Of Your Body?
Chunga's Revenge.
City Of Tiny Lites.
Fifty Fifty.
Rollo.

Encore...
Willie The Pimp.
Dancin' Fool.
Baby Snakes.
Muffin Men. (FZ video)

Last edited by exgasman on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:44 pm 

3rd night after Cambridge and Leicester, though this time by myself as Mum thought 3 late nights in less than 2 weeks too much for a 10 year old...Joe very disappointed, especially as I had got front row centre seat and VIP pass (originally had a row D seat but found the front row seat a few days ago and snapped it up along with the VIP ticket, knew the extra £60 would be money well spent).

Approx 15 of us for the VIP pass including a dad with 5 year old daughter - they get younger every time!!
4 numbers practised -
Pick Me I'm Clean
Rollo
Black Napkins (including FZ Video)
Peaches En Regalia

Great to hear Black Napkins and know that it was in the set list - why do I always cry when it's played???

Afterwards time spent with Dweezil, handing out guitar picks, signing stuff and happy to pose for pictures, so managed to get Sunday's picture of Joe and Dweezil signed, and also a copy of the lyrics for 'I'm The Slime' dedicated to him as well. Joe had asked me to ask Dweezil for a set list from tonight (no problem) and also if there was a recording of 'I'm The Slime' from Leicester - maybe, if it's good enough it may be released on a cd.....Joe would be very pleased with that! Afterwards had very enjoyable tea across the road with Giuseppe and his drummer son (sorry just can't remember your name) who were also at the VIP event.

Back in for the show, and down to the front, and was next Baggsy Garry and his son, salute to the man who made 6 nights this tour – we exchanged notes from Cambridge and Leicester, and “he was duly impressed” when I told him I was the father of the young lad who had 'I'm The Slime' dedicated to him by Dweezil at Leicester !! Needless to say a memorable night, with energy levels so high despite it being the last night, especially Ben covering much more of the stage then I've seen before....maybe end of term high spirits??

Highlights too many to mention, Black Napkins as always, a kicking solo from Scheila in City Of Tiny Lites, Pete Jones on Fifty Fifty, and the encore – a mad dancing competition right in front of me, and Muffin Man to round it off as everyone rang out the ned of the tour on Billy's gong.

Was bowled over when after the final bow, the first thing Dweezil did was pick up the set list, pause to sign it and then come straight down and hand it to me having dedicated it to Joe...what a guy, remembering a minor request like that when he's got so much else to manage and direct and run etc etc. Got tickets signed and then had to wait as was trapped in by everyone else, but did I really mind?

Anyway big thanks to everyone involved in putting on this tour, and of course huge thanks to Dweezil, not only an incredibly talented musician, but an incredibly humble and genuine guy. Have a good break from it all, you deserve it and look forward to seeing you next year. Now looking forward to 'Live In The Moment' dropping through my letter box soon!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:19 am 

Now, all you reviewers: put down your pencils and go and take a squat on your cosmic untensils!