At 42, this was my first Zappa show. Not sure why as I was always a big fan. It seemed like mine was about the average age at PPAC last night. Great crowd
I had 3rd row seats on Vai's side of the stage, and what a great bunch of performers to see up close. Man, you guys are tight! I really enjoyed Dweezil's conducting segment, and Pete's bass playing then and all night (way to drive those beats Pete!!).
Other highlights for me...
1) Napolean's joy & energy throughout the show. You sure know how to have fun, and your voice is as strong as ever!!
2) Dweezil and Stave Vai's back and forth soloing during Montana.
3) Dweezil's solo on The Torture Never Stops. I thought I'd like to hear the Gibson SG solos the best, but the SG didn't come through as well on my side of the room as the Telecaster.
4) Dweezil seemed awfully proud of the show and the band, and very comfortable up there. Your Dad is awfully proud of you Dweezil!
5) The young musician's that you guys found were awesome. Really a perfect group for this show.
I hope that you guys come around more often. My 9-year old son is a big fan and wanted to come. Maybe in another 5 years or so. I told him I'd buy him something at the show, and he hoped I'd find a little foil wrapped pat of margerine with "St. Alphonso's" stamped on it, but no luck. Oh well. The Zappa moustache pin had to suffice, and he's now wearing it proudly on his backpack for school!
I sure do hope that you guys will release some live material from this tour. I am so used to being able to buy recordings of shows directly from band sites these days (Primus, Pearl Jam, Allman Bros, do it now). I would have loved to get a recording of last night's awesome show. Please release something official from the tour!!!
Thanks for the pleasure and hope to see you again soon!