Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 8 February 2013: Atlantic City, NJ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:50 pm 
Site Admin

Did you attend the ZPZ show at Hurrah's in Atlantic City, NJ?

Dweezil and the band love reading your reviews.

Please do not post in this thread if you did not attend the show.

Mikey
Zappa.com Webmeister

Post subject: Re: 8 February 2013: Atlantic City, NJ
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:34 pm 

I decided to say venture out and down to the Atlantic City show, despite all the hub-bub that was going on with the impending winter storm. Some personal thoughts, and a few pictures from the show can be viewed at my personal blog - Longtrailahead.blogspot.com

As you can imagine, it was well worth the effort in driving down to attend the show.

Dweezil and company, thanks yet once again for doing what you all do so amazingly!

I hope to see you all once again sometime in the year 2013.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:03 pm 

(hey sorry if this post is technically OT...I did have tickets to the show)

Man seems like it was a great show from the set list they are going super deep into the catalog.

I actually had tickets, but got there too late from NY because of work/the storm/hotel check stuff. Was really excited to see the current gear (I think Dweezil did a "rig rundown" or something for Premiere Guitar) and what cross section of songs they were doing
Can't get a refund from ticketmaster neither :(

Does anyone associated with the Dweezil Zappa inner circle know when they are going to tour North America/NY-ish again? Been trying for a few years but has always been hard to line up with my schedule.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:22 pm 

Yea, I rented an SUV and it took me 5 hours to make the drive but I was glad I did.. The show was absolutely incredible.. I have seen Frank many times and also ZPZ several times.. This was defintely the best ZPZ show I have seen, and it rivaled some of the best shows I have ever seen when frank was still with us..

Dweezil decided to play the Strat on Hungry Freaks Daddy, and it sounded so good, I am gonna hafta go buy me a Strat this week... His solo on "ride my face to Chicago kicked ass... Outside Now was simply epic, and Packard Goose was a great follow-up... But the highlight of the show was when Dweezil took a page out of Frank's book and went for some audience participation in Cosmic Debris...It was absolutely the most fun I have ever had at a concert.. Here is one of the youtube Videos which someone captured of the regalia....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBdxwAwMJk0

Peace

Bearclaw (the Indian of the group :/ )

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:34 pm 

[quote="benjaminsantiago"](hey sorry if this post is technically OT...I did have tickets to the show)

Man seems like it was a great show from the set list they are going super deep into the catalog.

I actually had tickets, but got there too late from NY because of work/the storm/hotel check stuff. Was really excited to see the current gear (I think Dweezil did a "rig rundown" or something for Premiere Guitar) and what cross section of songs they were doing
Can't get a refund from ticketmaster neither :(

Does anyone associated with the Dweezil Zappa inner circle know when they are going to tour North America/NY-ish again? Been trying for a few years but has always been hard to line up with my schedule.[/quote]

Not sure about the next tour, but I know that ZPZ will be at the Beacon Theatre in NYC this coming Halloween...