Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 10 February 2013: Montreal, QC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

Did you attend the ZPZ show at the Corona Theatre in Montreal, QC?

Dweezil and the band love reading your reviews.

Please do not post in this thread if you did not attend the show.

Mikey
Zappa.com Webmeister

Post subject: Re: 10 February 2013: Montreal, QC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:15 am 

AMAZING SHOW !!! All those in attendance at the Corona Theatre in Montreal were treated to a performance of absolute epic proportion ! Dweezil and Co. definitely deserved your attention as they whipped the crowd into an orgasmic frenzy ! The set list included classics Cosmik Debris, Baby Snakes and Dirty Love, a rather sinister rendition of Muffin Man plus Don "there's a platypus in my briefcase" Vliet's imaginatively penned Debra Kedabra, fiendishly difficult readings of Moggio and Strictly Genteel, an outlandishly theatrical treatment of The Evil Prince, jumped up thump humpings of Teen-age Prostitute, I'm So Cute and Tryin' to Grow a Chin, seldom heard sure fire country sob classic Harder Than Your Husband, a wonderfully poignant playing of Outside Now, several throwback kudos on Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance, Hungry Freaks, Daddy and "so old it's from the future" Who Are the Brain Police?, reflective Roxy & Elsewhere musings of Penguin in Bondage and Pygmy Twylyte, terrifyingly accurate translations of Wind Up Workin' in a Gas Station and On The Bus, a dubiously disciplined What's New in Baltimore ? and of course multiple blisteringly sonic yet heart-wrenchingly subtle "air sculpture" guitar solos by the Man, the Myth; the Dweez ! "The Present Day Composer Refuses To Die"... Can't wait to catch the fabulous 'Teen-age Rocking Combo' again next time! Thanks Dweezil, Scheila, Kurt, Joe, Ben, Chris, "guitar tech Beefheart" and the beautiful dancing girls of Montreal (even though you did'nt take your clothes off when you danced) !!! ZPZ certainly blew me and my brothers Craig and Jason right up out of our python boots ! "MUSIC IS THE BEST" !!! - Matt Hare