Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 5 February 2014: San Francisco, CA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:07 am 
Site Admin

Did you attend the ZPZ show at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco, CA?

Dweezil and the band love reading your reviews.

Please do not post in this thread if you did not attend the show.

Mikey
Zappa.com Webmeister

Post subject: Re: 5 February 2014: San Francisco, CA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:10 pm 

Howdy all YES I attended the ZPZ show last night in SF @ The Regency Ballroom along with my sister & her lifelong friend who had never seen any form of ZAPPA music. Too say the least she was very impressed, she was amazed at the stamina of the band, basically never taking a break to speak of & of course the music was awesome as always. We sat in the upper balcony L/S a bit too close to the stage & the speaker column, but it really was never too loud. I did stand up for the second half of the show right above the stage (Scheila side), behind the speakers & that was a great spot for viewing & listening.
I can't say enough about the musicians that the Dweezil & the band has recruited as well as the alumni. Scheila goes without words as one of the most wonderfully gifted, talented & delightfully performers I have ever watched/heard. She so totally enjoys what she is doing on stage & it show & I believe the audience feels it too. I have now had the pleasure to have seen Ben about 4 times now & he amazes me with his new found musical talents. The trombone work was great & so necessary for the Roxy & Elsewhere 40th aniv. tour. Brings back the wonderful memories of Bruce Fowler withe the R/E band I got to hear 4 nights in a row in 1974 @ the Circle Star Theater in San Carlos CA. The new addition of bassist & vocalist (name I can't remember & OMG the drummer Ryan Brown. Like in every FZ/MOI band the drummer IS the hardest working member hand down. OK I've rambled on long enough, I hope other people post some comment of this & other shows here. I couldn't find any reviews on DZW site to post so I came here.
EVERYONE ENJOY THIS TOUR & ALL OF ZPZ's MUSIC IN THE FUTURE.......SPREAD THE WORD TO ALL WHO WILL LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1