Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 24 September 2011: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:26 am 
Site Admin

Did you see ZPZ with Return To Forever at the Paramount Theater in Seattle, WA?

Dweezil and the band love reading your reviews.

Zappa.com Webmeister

Post subject: Re: 24 September 2011: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:25 pm 

I very much enjoyed the show last night. The musicians in both ZPZ and RTF showed a lot of generosity and the grand finale featuring both bands was a real treat to see. I felt privileged to be there. Frank Gambale was great on Willie the Pimp.

This is the second ZPZ gig I see in the past year or so, having caught the band in my home town of Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada last year. I hope to hear you guys play again and invite you to visit Canada's east coast in the future. You will certainly be more than welcome.

BTW, also saw Frank Zappa in Halifax in 1984. I have a great memory of that and I value my Zappa collection.

This afternoon, am looking forward to hearing the Seattle Symphony perform Dupree's Paradise.

Thank you for what you do. It's important stuff.

Post subject: Re: 24 September 2011: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:20 pm 

This was our fourth ZPZ show, two at the Paramount. We loved each one except for the scalping we were subject to at this show. When I first saw the dates, I checked out the tickets and could get great seats on the floor for $65 each. I waited about two weeks to make sure we'd be in town and the only way to buy them was through some other ticket sellers on-line for $115 each in the upper-upper level. I tried contacting the Paramount to complain but there was no contact information. Other people we sat next to had the same lousy experience and felt ripped off.

Dweezil and the band only played for one hour and ten minutes and then Corea's group played for about that. They then jammed together for another 15 minutes are so.

We definitely felt shorted due to this ticket price and it was unclear who the top bill was (we were surprised it wasn't Dweezil).

I know this was most likely out of the musicians control, but I wanted them to know about it.

It certainly won't stop me from seeing either of them again but it's a matter of principle and I wanted to warn others. The ticket cost difference definitely stung a bit.