Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 21 November 2011: Liverpool, UK
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

Did you attend the ZPZ show at Philharmonic Hall in Liverpool, UK?

Dweezil and the band love reading your reviews.

Please do not post in this thread if you did not attend the show.

Mikey
Zappa.com Webmeister

Post subject: Re: 21 November 2011: Liverpool, UK
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:41 am 

Hi Dweezil I was at the show tonight it was fantastic two and a half hours of musical joy you and your Band made a grown man cry. I was at your dads gig in 1979 at hammersmith odeon where he introduced you on stage, you were 14 and he said it was your first public performance and it was with the best band he had played with, i think he would have the same opinion about your Band tonight it was a wonderful show from start to finnish. Thanks for the memories.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:27 am 

set list please.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:41 am 

Awsome show last night at the liverpool phil, gotta say that was the best gig ive ever been to seen floyd, steely dan 3 times lynyrd skynrd dave brubeck also in the phil, and many others but they dont come close to that last night only wish i had seen BIG FRANK, now that would have been insane but im sure hes looking down on you and is very proud, thanks for the show and good luck to all the outstanding band members for the future keep ripping it up killer stuff and verrrrry funny at times, sory for the deaf man from the front who could not copy the gtr lick/motif in pitch the dumnb ass haha, and it was sureal at first waching you play while you looked on at your dad on the big screen must be a hard thing to do so again thanks and credit to you for learning all the great tunes and sharing your amazing talent Dweezil.

Tony.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:48 pm 

My wife and I were both at the Liverpool show last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The only time we've seen the band before was on our DVD from the Seattle/Portland show in 2008. Vocalist Napoleon Murphy Brock was outstanding and I thought to find a replacement is going to tough... but Ben Thomas meets that challenge head-on and was incredible, as was everyone on stage. Absolute precision!
Good luck on the rest of the tour Dweezil and I sincerely hope we get the chance to see you again soon.
Mike and Ann

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:15 pm 

Dweezil and chums. That was one great gig last night. Congratulations, you really did recreate the old magic. I saw you a couple of times in the past, e.g. with Napoleon Murphy Brock and you were good then, but you have matured this band fully now. There were too many good tunes to identify highlights but Carolina HCE, Inca Roads, Baby Snakes and Rollo come to mind quickly. I wish I was free tonight to get to Manchester. Please don't be gone too long.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm 

Hello!

We saw you at Liverpool summer pops a couple of years ago and you were fantastic I wasn't sure if you would tour again. I'm so glad you have though, you were fantastic at the Phil last night. Only problem I had was being stuck in a box and not being able to "get down" with the band and boogie on stage. What great fun! Love you guys, come back soon! xx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:35 pm 

Unbelievable concert on Monday - thanks !

This is my 4th ZPZ concert now and I've loved every minute of them. Brilliant variation of setlists and showmanship every time.

The guest singer on 50:50 was one of many highlights and worth a mention !

The Frank projections and solos worked perfectly.

And Variations On The Carlos Santana Secret Chord Progression made me smile aswell as the Beatles samples - Eleanor Rigby and I Want You (or was I hearing things !?!?!)

Really looking forward to next time - how's about Yo Mama, RDNZL, Camarillo Brillo, Advance Romance and Heavy Duty Judy baby !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:19 am 

You just get fucking better and better - what a show! Can't wait for you to come back to Liverpool soon, we love Zappa here. Blown away by Inca Roads. And Fifty fifty was tremendous. As was Rollo. In fact.....fuck me, I wanna go again!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:27 pm 

Tremendous show. Was in row 2, brilliant show. Echo all the above comments. Come back soon.

Rollo, Inca Roads, Po-Jama People - all mind blowing.......or was it the cheese. Both probably.

Liverpool is the home of Zappa in the UK.

We love you man.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:23 am 

Hello Dweezil and co. Congratulations on a wonderful show at the Philharmonic on Monday. My partner Mike has long been a fan of Frank (but never seen him or you live before) and I became a fan after he showed me a video of 'Does Humour Belong in Music'. This was an early Christmas present for him from me - best he's ever had, he said! What fantastic musicians you all are, and you were all obviously enjoying yourselves doing what you love. Special wishes to Scheila - what a great saxophonist. Hope you liked our Philharmonic Hall with its wonderful acoustics (note, no problems with the sound as seems to be the case with the pevious two venues). Thanks for coming to Liverpool and hope to see you back again before too long.

Veronica.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:01 pm 

Bump for New Brighton tomorrer

COME ON

Play "Illinois Enema Bandit", for me bird.

Nyswan.