Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 28 November 2011: Oxford, UK
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:37 pm 
Site Admin

Did you attend the ZPZ show at New Theatre in Oxford, UK?

Dweezil and the band love reading your reviews.

Please do not post in this thread if you did not attend the show.

Mikey
Zappa.com Webmeister

Post subject: Re: 28 November 2011: Oxford, UK
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:55 pm 

Oxford – the seat of learning, the seat of wisdom and the seat of Morris Dancing……

As I walked around the screaming spires, I realised there was something missing, a noise, a sound. That was it! All I could hear was the inane chattering of undergraduate students. A curse be placed upon them! Getting in the way, talking nonsense and being intemperate! Where was the joyful music that I had grown accustomed to over the past few days?

One thing I had noticed, was the stirrings of an affinity for Antarctic bird-life and the possibilities of that with leather…….

Then I saw it, the hall, with the music! They were here too! Praise be! After refreshing myself with some wholesome protein free nothing I dove into the hall and found myself near the front again.

The start was uplifting! The sound of a monotreme making a canine sound! What joy! And more punctuation lessons afterward’s.

Then panic! Was that it? But no, it was just the blessed burghers of Oxford trying to earn an honest crumb by force feeding us iced cream and other titbits.

But then! Employment advice! The types of self-employment that can be had in the western Americas, in particular, Montana and then a warnings of mixing with the wrong sort of woman and how love may bamboozle you.

I had become attached to a small penguin and decided to offer this to the group of musicians to see if they too were interested in this type of thing. But alas, another no. But I still danced like a fool. And I now don’t care.

I feel I shall finish my wanderings tomorrow. I wonder, will they tell us anything more about love and relationship counselling. A sort of Advance Romance you might say?

I got my shoe off yesterday! Deep joy! Though the poodle nearest to me keeled over and died.

One last walk, back to London……………I am now getting used to the smell.

Pastor John D’oh!

Post subject: Re: 28 November 2011: Oxford, UK
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:47 pm 

An excellent concert with very good sound and great playing. Cannot recall exact playlist but it started with Don't you ever wash that thing, then I think we went to the play through of Apostrophe, then we had an array of great tracks that included Pajama People, City of tiny lutes, Montana, bebop Tango, Dancing Fool, Cheapness, Bamboozled by Love, Fifty fifty, and closed with Muffin Man, and there was a classical piece that I did not recognize . It was just great and the character of Dweezil as a very fine young man just shines through. frank would have been very proud. We shall be back next year.