Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1 July 2012: New Bedford, MA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:14 am 
Site Admin

Did you attend the ZPZ show at Zeiterion PAC in New Bedford, MA?

Dweezil and the band love reading your reviews.

Please do not post in this thread if you did not attend the show.

Mikey
Zappa.com Webmeister

Post subject: Re: 1 July 2012: New Bedford, MA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:05 pm 

went to the show last night great as always met dweez before the concert one of the nicest rock stars i have ever met took pix with me signed my dvd i hope they come back to my hometown of new bedford again passed up, the wall to see this show we'll worth it the wall was great when i saw it in boston n 2010 love pink floyd but there no frank got some great shirts last night as well dweezil keep up the great work you keep your fathers memory alive there will never be another frank zappa i'm just so glade we have dweezil zappa rock on(peace love & music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tullraider 7/2/12

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:21 am 

Well, once again, Dweezil and band did not disappoint! This show was a tribute to Frank's older recordings... from Freak Out! up through Zoot Allures. Almost 2 1/2 hours of music with no interruption... well, OK, a 3 minute break before coming back for a four song encore. Dweezil told us some stories about growing up with Frank and a variety of musicians, engaged the crowd in a sing-along ("Your Mom's Carpet is a Poodledang"... hmmm...) and gave us a Van Halen tune in the mix (Somebody Get Me a Doctor). While the entire band was astounding, I have to re-state my opinion that the lovely Sheila Gonzalez still impresses me as the one having the most fun on the stage. Soprano, alto and tenor saxes, a variety of keyboard effects, and a wide vocal range make her the most versatile of the band. Did Frank have a premonition when he penned the lyrics "Give me Shee-la-ah!" at the end of 'Jewish Princess'? I dunno... Anyway, back to the music... My favorite songs of the night were 'City of Tiny Lights', 'Debra Kedabra' and 'More Trouble Every Day'. I was also happily surprised to hear 'The Gumbo Variations' as the opening song... all in all a very special night! Another standing ovation for a wonderful performance!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:10 am 

Im with my best friends last night, and its fun, they were so cool!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:16 pm 

My 8th ZPZ show and once again DZ and the band put on an incredible performance. Thank you so much for the hard work that you do to bring us this music. It means a lot to me and obvoiusly many others as well. I really liked the new bass player and the whole band is astounding!
I missed the marimba/vibes but the band really pulled off another incredible performance.

Thank you again and again.

Seth